- The Cat Connection hosted their first Cat Café of 2016 while we were there. If you have a chance to go to the Cat Café there - or to one anywhere - take the time and go! Farmers Branch Animal Shelter (a portion of the profits from Sauerkraut’s merchandise sales went to them) had a basketful of kittens and one young cat to the café so people could drink coffee and sit around in a comfortable setting and just talk and pet cats. What more could a person want?!
- And if you’re looking for just about anything for your cat, The Cat Connection probably has it. I mean, check out this t-shirt I picked up. BOOYA!
- Of course you can’t have a Cat Café without coffee, amiright? The coffee was generously provided by Lovecup Coffee of Dallas. They had several kinds of coffee, tea, lemonade, and both regular and flavored iced tea. And there was food. OMG, it was worth it to go just for that!
- Weruva was there as well! Sauerkraut’s favorite food - by a long shot - is TruLuxe Kawa Booty by Weruva, so it was awesome to be able to sit around with them and talk about how their pet food is “human food for cats” - and they have a whole line of dog food and pet products too!
- And while this isn’t really one of their products, Molly sure does like hanging out in the boxes that Weruva’s cans of food come in. LOL
- We had for sale some of Sauerkraut’s t-shirts! Don’t forget that when you go to Sauerkraut’s store and use the code SAUERKRAUT at checkout, you get 20% off your entire order! And since we have that new Sauerkraut as Alice t-shirt FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY, now is a great time to go out and spend your tax return on something nice for yourself. RIGHT?
- The people of Dallas are wonderful, kind, generous, and welcoming. There’s a lot of talk about the rivalry between Texas and Oklahoma where we live - there’s that whole “Oklahoma is just Texas' hat” or “Texas North” nonsense - but don’t you believe any of it. We could not have felt more welcome and cared for there.
- The neighborhood around The Cat Connection has a bazillion restaurants. I mean it. There was no kind of restaurant we would have wanted to eat at that they didn’t have. We wanted a vegetarian-friendly restaurant and voila! - there’s Yard House, a restaurant that specializes in Gardein dishes. SO GOOD!
We want to say a HUGE Thank You to The Cat Connection for hosting us at their first Cat Café of 2016. It was a blast and we can’t wait to come back!
Next week, Humom and Sauerkraut and I are headed to The Windy City! For details about that Meet & Greet, check out the main page of Sauerkraut’s website, or better yet, you can visit the Naperville Area Humane Society's page and sign up on their Facebook Event so we know you’re coming! Hope to see you there!