- Has a Person: Deputy Byrd is always by her side, and they share a bond beyond what most people can understand. He’s her Person.
- Can go a little wild: if there’s something funny said - something unique, witty, or strange, she’ll let loose with genuine, deep mirth.
- Believes in justice: What’s right is right, and what’s wrong is wrong, and she doesn’t let anyone’s tomfoolery get between her and Doing The Right Thing.
- Does not put up with BS: If someone tries to fib, obscure the truth, or outright lie, Judge Judy will see it. She has litigants look her in the eye as they talk, and see can see… into… their… soul.
- Sees it all, and hears it too: Judge Judy doesn’t just see the evidence in front of her, she hears the message behind the words. She hears the whispers of the witnesses and the people in the peanut gallery. She hears it all with freakish intensity.
- Practices compassion: When someone is genuinely hurting, Judge Judy is kind, soft-spoken, and does everything in her power to convey that she cares.
- Can have a short fuse: If you speak out of turn, if you disrespect her, or if you just do something she considers out of turn, she will smack you down.
And as I was thinking about all this, it came to me…
Judge Judy is a cat.